Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )
Check your licence renewal...con't - Printable Version

+- Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF ) (https://www.ahrdf.net/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.ahrdf.net/forum/forum-29.html)
+--- Forum: Regulatory, Licencing & Exams (https://www.ahrdf.net/forum/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Check your licence renewal...con't (/thread-69.html)

Check your licence renewal...con't - VK3TU - 07-11-2016

This topic generated some chatter on the logger forum when it was active.

I recently (this past weekend, 5 Nov) notified ACMA of a change of address.
Today, I received confirmation that the notification has been actioned with the addition of the following ".... I have also updated your station location as well."
A quick check of the ACMA database confirmed the change.
Can't complain about that service.

Bert
VK3TU

Re: Check your licence renewal...con't - VK2JDS - 12-12-2016

I had a bit of a problem which is now resolved. In the post came a letter stating my licence had been cancelled due to non payment.
We never got a renewal letter, so it came as a shock.
I rang the 1300 number and paid by card over the phone and its all fixed, but these things shouldnt happen.
Best to check your licence expiry date and put it on your callendar.
They dont even post out a paper licence anymore and i was told to print out the pdf on their website.
Now i just need a printer.......
73 Dave

Re: Check your licence renewal...con't - VK3ALB - 12-12-2016

Hi Dave,

I was close to having a similar problem as you earlier in the year. I rang the 1300 number and got the lowdown on how they do it these days. For me, the critical thing was to get them to confirm my email details for all the licenses in my house. The DO send emails to advise of impending license expiry IF they have you email registered.

It works a treat.

I get an advisory 3 months out to tell me my license will expire (no need for action)
I get an invoice 30 days out for my license renewal
I get my new license within 24 hours of payment (pdf)
I get a spreadsheet within 48 hours confirming my new license expiry date.

True, there is no paper license but I can save the pdf to my phone or depending on location I can jump on the ACMA website should I need to produce my license. If this scenario is one outcome from the recent ACMA database rebuild then I say they got this bit right.

It would have been nice if a clearer statement of the process was made available on the ACMA website or offered to the WIA. Maybe it was and we missed it?. Your advice to check with the ACMA is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Re: Check your licence renewal...con't - VK3QI - 12-12-2016

Lou,

I have searched the ACMA site and nowhere does it allow you to register your email address - in fact in the RRL database, it specifically leaves out the email address of the client.

How did you do it?

Cheers

Peter VK3QI

Re: Check your licence renewal...con't - VK3ALB - 12-12-2016

Hi Peter,

As I said, I rang the ACMA 1300 number and spoke to someone about it. I started from the premise that I had be told through official channels (wia broadcast) that the ACMA are "not required" to send out renewals but do so as a courtesy. Once he understood the reason for my call it went very smoothly.