Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )
Forum setup issues - Printable Version

+- Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF ) (https://www.ahrdf.net/forum)
+-- Forum: SYSTEM (https://www.ahrdf.net/forum/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: SYSTEM NOTICES (https://www.ahrdf.net/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Forum setup issues (/thread-2.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Forum setup issues - admin - 07-09-2016

If you note something strange with this forum, post to this topic so I can investigate....

Re: Forum setup issues - VK2NR - 09-09-2016

Thanks for the forum, "Admin".
Nothing strange or unusual to note, however a quick question.

Are you considering adding the Tapatalk plugin to allow easier forum use with mobile devices?
Quite a few of the "previous" forum's users, myself included, were using its functionality.

Cheers,
Dave.

Re: Forum setup issues - admin - 09-09-2016

VK2NR Wrote:Are you considering adding the Tapatalk plugin to allow easier forum use with mobile devices?
Quite a few of the "previous" forum's users, myself included, were using its functionality.

This is a new setup of PHPBB so still learning about the basic features plus available plugins. Unless someone asks about a specific function, I may not be aware of it. I will look into the Tapatalk option over the weekend.

Still learning the ropes here.. :roll:

Admin

Re: Forum setup issues - VK3RX - 09-09-2016

For some reason each time I come to this site I have to log in, and each time I tick "Remember me" but it clearly isn't.

I don't believe it's a cookie problem this end, because if I go to the VK Logger archive it remembers me (uses the same software?), as does every other site I frequent.

Not the end of the world or a pain, just thought I'd mention it Smile

Re: Forum setup issues - admin - 09-09-2016

The cookie settings defaulted to ozlogger.com instead of ozlogger.net when installed.
It may work correctly now but will need someone to advise as I am not using the Remember Me function here.

Admin

Re: Forum setup issues - admin - 10-09-2016

VK2NR Wrote:Are you considering adding the Tapatalk plugin to allow easier forum use with mobile devices?

The OzLogger forum via Tapatalk should be available once it works its way through the Tapatalk 'system'.

Forum setup issues - VK2NR - 12-09-2016

Oops, duplicate post!

Forum setup issues - VK2NR - 12-09-2016

Admin Wrote:The OzLogger forum via Tapatalk should be available once it works its way through the Tapatalk 'system'.

Tapatalk is working well now
Thanks for the prompt attention.

Cheers,
Dave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Forum setup issues - VK3XL - 13-09-2016

Being a lazy bugger, can the option of "read all posts since last log in" be activated easily as could be done from the VKlogger main page. It then opened a new page (VKlogger Forum)and displayed all the topics that had new postings since my last log in.

Re: Forum setup issues - admin - 13-09-2016

VK3XL Wrote:Being a lazy bugger, can the option of "read all posts since last log in" be activated easily as could be done from the VKlogger main page. It then opened a new page (VKlogger Forum)and displayed all the topics that had new postings since my last log in.

The view new posts option is available in the Quick Links menu at top LHS in this version of PHPBB.

You can also place a shortcut on your Windows desktop with the command "http://www.ozlogger.net/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts" in it. (don't include the " quote marks.)

Re: Forum setup issues - VK5PW - 14-09-2016

ADMIN Wrote:
VK3XL Wrote:Being a lazy bugger, can the option of "read all posts since last log in" be activated easily as could be done from the VKlogger main page. It then opened a new page (VKlogger Forum)and displayed all the topics that had new postings since my last log in.

The view new posts option is available in the Quick Links menu at top LHS in this version of PHPBB.

You can also place a shortcut on your Windows desktop with the command "http://www.ozlogger.net/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts" in it. (don't include the " quote marks.)

Would it be possible to have all the posts to come up in descending order , so the latest posts are at the top of the page.
I would like to be able to save this in my profile , but can not seem to find a way to do it.

Any help appreciated , thanks.

Peter

Re: Forum setup issues - admin - 14-09-2016

vk5awp Wrote:Would it be possible to have all the posts to come up in descending order , so the latest posts are at the top of the page.
I would like to be able to save this in my profile , but can not seem to find a way to do it.

Peter

If you access any one major topic, expand the list and you should see the following near the bottom...

Topics....
___________________________________________________________________________________
Display topics from previous: ALL TOPICS Sort by: POST TIME DESCENDING Go

Make your selections (particularly change Ascending to Descending) then press the GO button and it should still be true for the next time you log in.

Re: Forum setup issues - VK5PW - 14-09-2016

ADMIN Wrote:
vk5awp Wrote:Would it be possible to have all the posts to come up in descending order , so the latest posts are at the top of the page.

Peter

If you access any one major topic, expand the list and you should see the following near the bottom...

Topics....
___________________________________________________________________________________
Display topics from previous: ALL TOPICS Sort by: POST TIME DESCENDING Go

Make your selections (particularly change Ascending to Descending) then press the GO button and it should still be true for the next time you log in.

Hi, this post wont stay in descending order , (for example) , I noticed the same with the old logger. The major headings
seem to stay in desending order, but the forum posts in the sub folder don't seem to. These seem to start at the
very first post made at the top of the page.

Thanks for getting this forum running , and for your help so far.
Peter.

Re: Forum setup issues - VK3XL - 14-09-2016

The quick links is just what I wanted... Should have looked myself I suppose... but I did say I was lazy didn't I Big Grin

Re: Forum setup issues - VK2KRR - 17-09-2016

Attachments
I've tried to add an image file to a post, but even though the image is only 164 kB the forum tells me the file is too large?

Re: Forum setup issues - admin1 - 17-09-2016

VK2KRR Wrote:Attachments
I've tried to add an image file to a post, but even though the image is only 164 kB the forum tells me the file is too large?

Attachments are limited to 25 kB at the moment to conserve resources (disk space, bandwidth).
This will be reviewed once the Forum is settled in.

Re: Forum setup issues - admin - 18-09-2016

Admin1 Wrote:
VK2KRR Wrote:Attachments

Resize your image (and maybe save it as a PNG rather than JPG) such that it is below the 25KB maximum size and then you can upload it. It still appears similarly to the end user in most cases.

Re: Forum setup issues - VK2KRR - 18-09-2016

No worries thanks, yeh I have done that, it works OK albeit a bit fuzzy.

Re: Forum setup issues - admin - 22-09-2016

A new section for Nets has been added to allow a central information point of nets of interest to VK/ZL amateurs:

'On-air' net details: club nets, HF nets, Mobile, Maritime, Caravanners - a place to let others know when and where to find relevant types of traffic nets.

Are there any other specific sections that should be added in any of the existing categories ??
I am happy to add new areas if they are different enough to any existing section/category.

Admin

Re: Forum setup issues - admin - 24-09-2016

As from 24th September 2016, the domain names attached to user registration email addresses has been severely limited to prevent "free email addresses" being used. Basic ISP email addresses are ok but Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and their ilk have all been restricted from being used to activate a new user account on the forum.

If you have already registered using a 'free email address' then all is ok unless you have to re-register and then you will have to accept this new restriction.

The user IP at the time of signup is recorded and can be used to confirm country and ISP details if there is any doubt as to the validity of any new users credentials.

This process has been implemented to prevent spammers from creating user accounts and thus posting rubbish to the forum.