Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Sattrak 3 controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi To the forum

There was a project that Graham VK5AGR ( Australian Amsat Coordinator ) was involved with in the 80s and 90s called Sattrak 3 and it was a stand alone controller for az/el rotators and doppler control.

I have rescued one that still powers up and inquiring if any one has any configuration information. circuits diagrams etc.

I realize that this going back 30 years but thought I would ask any way as I want to use the unit with a old ft736 that I have.

Thanks in advance
Nigel
I don't suppose there were any write-ups in AR magazine that might be available from the archives ??

Trying to contact him directly would be the most obvious path to me. 
Google search with "Graham Ratcliff - The Wireless Institute of Australia" to get his contact details.

I was around back then but was not really interested in sats and AMSAT.
There was some stuff on the Amsat (North America) website at one stage, not sure if it is still there.

A write up is in 73 magazine for May 1989 page 44 on.

A search of the AR index doesn't show anything on Sattrack 3 in particular.
Hi To the Forum
I have email Graham VK5AGR via the email address from the WIA, another gentleman sent me a pdf copy of that that review in 73 magazine.
I had not seen that review before. I originally built a sattrak 3 controller ( it would have to be at least 30 years ago ) that was a group build organised via Graham VK5AGR when he was the Amsat Australia coordinator ( not sure if he still is ) .
The project was very successful and Graham did a lot of extra development work that enhanced various features of the original project.

THanks
Nigel VK2NB