Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: SG Lab 3.4 GHz transverter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some may of seen this:

We developed and tested successfully 3.4 GHz / 9cm transverter.
The design is similar to our 13cm band transverter. Now we start the
production , lead time is 4-5 weeks.
The price is 240 Euro +10 Euro for shipping to VK.
Output power is 3+ Watts .

Hristiyan LZ5HP

[attachment=338]
Can't wait for mine to arrive Hristiyan!

When are you starting on the 5.7GHz transverter?  Big Grin

Hilary
VK2AZ
Hristiyan sent me an email proposing changes to the Australian market for the LO frequencies.

"We decided to made a new frequency plan especially for VK. The new LO
frequencies are: 2968 , 2966, 2963 , 2960 MHz.
It is possible to switch between standard frequency plan and Australian
plan by a simple initialization procedure.
All tests are OK"

He is asking me to make any comments on this change.
They equate to: 3398 ==
430 MHz
432 MHz
435 MHz
438 MHz

Anyone have any comments?

Hilary
VK2AZ
Not sure how much use the 435 and 438 options will be. 
Maybe 430, 431, 432, 433 might be better.

Stay away from 434 because of LIPD devices : UHF remote controls etc..

The 435 is the satellite band segment and, while probably quiet most of the time, could cause issues to the satellite ops and vice versa. 
The 438 is start of the FM repeater output segment (438-440).  Local repeaters may bleed through into the IF.

Personally I use 145 for 2.4 and 3.4, with 445 as my (first) IF for 5.7 and 10G as shifted own to 145 with a minitransverter PCB (445 <--> 145) so that all are worked from one IF transceiver via a multiposition switch/relay arrangement. That means that I can work 144.1 (.15,..) during field days etc without much interaction into the microwave gear.

Doug VK4ADC
They work pretty well barefoot using a GARC panel antenna.

Used mine for a 35 km contact from Moreton Island to Mt Gravatt over Moreton Bay.

Planning on pairing it with a modified 2.4 GHz gridpack and Stealth PA in parallel with a 2.4GHz version (and Spectrian PA) for a home station.
G'day All,

If anyone has a SGL 3.4G transverter surplus to requirements, please let me know and I'll take it off your hands and put it to good use before I go importing one myself.

*** 16/04/23 UPDATE*** I've now been offered an as new SGL 3.4G transverter - thanks for looking!

Thanks.

Cheers,
After all these years (post VHF/UHF FD's with Lou VK3ALB), I'm finally up on 3.4G or 3398MHz strictly speaking with a 430MHz IF... looking forward to the next VHF/UHF FD or casual arvo outing... :-)

SGL 3.4G transverter, GARC panel & IC-705

Thanks to VK4AFL, VK3APW, MiniKits, RF Shop, Telco Antennas & EMDRC.

[attachment=657][attachment=658][attachment=659]