Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Radios for Anson aircraft restoration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The radio section at the RAAF Townsville Aviation Heritage Centre has been asked to help find radio equipment  for a Mark 1 Anson aircraft that is being restored at RAAF Base Amberley.

The listed radios for the Anson are: T.1083, R.1082, A.1134, TR9F, AT5 and aerial coupling unit, AR8, T.1154, R.1155, AT.300, AR.301, plus mounting units, gene-motors, cables, Morse keys, microphones, trailing aerial components and handbooks. We are also looking for info on which of these radios were the most commonly used in Australian Ansons and any photos of the installations.

Radios don’t need to be working but reasonable to good cosmetic appearance would be an advantage.

Here is a chance take part in the preservation of Australia’s aviation history!    Big Grin       Please contact me in the first instance and I will put you in contact with restoration group.

Phone:  07 47 286 876.  Email: wayne.melrose2@bigpond.com

Wayne VK4WDM
Wayne

You should probably ask the same question on 7125 KHz AM during the 'boat anchors' morning nets.
Many of those operators are using old gear and may have, or know of, the items you require.

Perhaps even consider placing an advert in AR ?

Doug
(27-07-2019, 08:15 AM)VK4ADC Wrote: [ -> ]Wayne

You should probably ask the same question on 7125 KHz AM during the 'boat anchors' morning nets.
Many of those operators are using old gear and may have, or know of, the items you require.

Perhaps even consider placing an advert in AR ?

Doug
I have asked the project coordinator to write a small burst for AR. Never thought about the boat anchor net. Good idea!

Wayne VK4WDM
https://vk2bv.org/archive/museum/

Might have spares/extras?