Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Amateur Radio Repeater Repair & Site Visit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I traveled to the site of an amateur radio repeater on UHF (70cm) that I maintain after a fault on the transmitter appeared and gradually got worse over the past few months. Lesson learnt - always bring EVERYTHING you may ever need!

On my next visit I will bring back a replacement GPS antenna (note early in the video it appears to be locked) and pop the now repaired transmitter back on site.

Another great video - thanks for sharing Smile

Very interesting to see the location, antennas and the gear.

When I worked for Airservices I saw some pix of their Mt. Barrow (I think) site in Tassie, and noted a carport there had what looked like railway sleepers on the roof, for falling ice protection Smile
(07-07-2019, 08:06 PM)VK3RX Wrote: [ -> ]Another great video - thanks for sharing Smile

Very interesting to see the location, antennas and the gear.

When I worked for Airservices I saw some pix of their Mt. Barrow (I think) site in Tassie, and noted a carport there had what looked like railway sleepers on the roof, for falling ice protection Smile

Hi Damien,

This is just one of the less advanced sites. Next site visit (when it thaws out), I show the more detailed one.

Yes the AS site on Mt Barrow was a good one when we had VK7RAA there. One of our sites has the same grating you see over gutters/drain pits all on the roof to break up the ice. Unfortunately, they aren't electrically bonded very well, so you get little diode effects everywhere causing desense noise.