Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Rigging Help Required VK4RTT Beacon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

VK4UH

VK4RTT SE Queensland 2m and 6m Beacons
Assistance with Antenna Rigging sought

G'day guys. The upgrade of the existing 2m VK4RTT beacon, including high power, GPS locking and digital identification and the installation of the newly licensed 50MHz output is complete save for some antenna work on the tower at Mt Mowbullen.

On behalf of the Brisbane VHF group, who host VK4RTT and also the full microwave beacon suite VK4RBB (432 - 24GHz inclusive), I am asking for some assistance for the group with some simple antenna upgrades to facilitate the permanent addition of the new 6m beacon.

Our access to the former TV transmitter tower is restricted unless we are able to recruit the assistance of TWO QUALIFIED riggers with current certificates and current first-aid certificates.

Is there anyone locally who would be prepared to help. The BVHFG membership can arrange transport to and from the site although we regrettably would be unable to meet the normal rates for professional riggers.
Kevin VK4UH (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:vk4uh@wia.org.au">vk4uh@wia.org.au</a><!-- e -->)
OBO BVHFG
Hi all.
So the beacon is on air ! i have proof.
Its about time it was entered into the logger beacon database.
I had it here but it would not decode until I rang Wayne ZL2BKC and asked as to what mode.

For the record its JT65B.

Well done guys, now Wayne and I need to step up to the mark and get 024 singing JT65b also.

Mark
ZL2WHO