Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: It's over. Amateur Radio Magazine scanning project.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perhaps not everyone is aware of a project that has been going on for many years now.

https://www.armag.vk6uu.id.au/index.html

Today the job was completed with the last pages of December 2012 posted on line. A remarkable achievement.
Wow, massive job!

Thank you all for the time and effort sharing.

VK2WP

Thanks for all of the work done, a trove of historical information.
Lest there is some misunderstanding this has nothing to do with me. If you appreciate the work I suggest you write to Will and Terry. Their emails are on the web page.
Indeed, a sterling job done by Will VK6UU & Terry VK5TM.

I use the archive quite often.
Please add more information about the post in the title so we know what its about. "Its over" ??? Is hardly providing info about what the post is about. One could follow on from this with many things. Such as the John Moyle field day is over. The year 2001 is over.

DONE - Admin
I apologize Leigh, I'll remember that for future posts.
Hopefully, the indexes will up to date to the current issue of AR mag in the not too distant future.

Unfortunately, they stopped publishing an annual index some time back, so it is taking a while to dig through each mag and get everything indexed and double checked.
I have been following this project for a number of years, and it has been a trip down memory lane with post 1977 issues.

This resource now saves me from going through boxes of magazines hoping to find what I am look for. (My filing leaves a little to to the imagination).

Congratulations to both Terry and Will on completing this monumental task

Ron
VK4BVI
Somehow I think I will still keep my 40-50 years of ARs but use the hard work these guys have done in creating a electronic copy plus an index to find what issue a project is in. Fortunately, almost all of mine are stored in boxes in year and month order (4BVI - hint here Ron).

The historical value of their work is great but the technologies have changed so much that there is limited value in early project articles. Just try to buy a small signal germanium transistor these days - it isn't easy. There are so few retailers supplying so few individual generic parts, let alone unusual ones like specific coils or RF / signal transformers, it is difficult to emulate the original practical project but using those design ideas / concepts and updating to current parts and techniques still has value to the multitudes.

Antenna designs etc - that's something that lives on, with maybe a little metrification here and there.

On a side note : the thread title appeared just after I heard Bob Hawke died and I initially thought it was a reference to a well-known (but not necessarily well-liked) Aussie politician...
Hi Doug,

Perhaps you can change the title for me? I posted it two days ago, not last night.

Maybe "Amateur Radio magazine scanning project completed" is a more suitable title?

Lou, DONE..