Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: ICOM RS-BA1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi any one got this working I've set up all the port forward rules in routers and fire walls I can ping my router but cant connect from external.
Can connect OK through my LAN but not from outside.  my phone as a  Internet tether wifi to laptop should be able to connect from outside but wont work. Anyone got this program happy to do some tests with you if you can try to connect to my IC-7300.
Hello Russell,
I had this running at home successfully and had no complications, I am unsure how you are doing name resolution for the home connection, maybe you have a fixed IP from your ISP or like me use a DDNS name, either way it should go. On your home Router it may pay to define / enable the internal PC's IP as being part of your 'DMZ' in the router (varies from brand to brand) I use a TPlink and just port-FWD'd the required ports listed in the DOCO to the internal IP and away it went. You should disable the Firewall on the shack PC that has RS-BA1 on it while testing to ensure the windows firewall is not blocking the connection. Sadly all my gear if out of action from a recent fire so can not turn mine on for you to test with it. Wish you luck with it... If needed I can test a connection to your system from the house PC which still has the client software on it

Peter, vk5pj