Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Mt Glorious 147.000/146.400MHz FM repeater, VK4RBN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Due to continued interference coming from the Somerset area (Brisbane Valley) on the input frequency we will be forced to implement a Digital Code Squelch on the input frequency while we wait for the ACMA to act on the lodged interference complaint. This post is advance notice to users of the repeater to dig out their user manuals and set a DCS of 141 for the VK4RBN memory in your radio.

The repeater will be configured with this DCS on the first day of February, 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peter

Slight issue here.  

I have an IC-7400 that doesn't support 141 as a DTCS code. It goes... 125, 131, 132, 134, 143, 145, 152... skipping 141.   While I am a seldom listener (and user) of VK4RBN, I suspect that many others might be in a similar situation.

I then checked the IC-7000 too - the only other radio here that has DTCS (/ DCS) support. It has exactly the same code number options.

You might need to pick another commonly-supported code and promulgate that one.

Doug
Correction, 143.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peter

Thanks, change noted.  You might need to spread the word with the correct code number though.

Doug