Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Outages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm assuming you may have been working on the site, but just in case, over the last couple of days I have been getting site not available messages.
Terry

No, it's not me doing anything but it is important that the actual error message is noted and reported.

The web service (data centre based) has been down at least once that I am aware of personally, and that was on Thursday night.  It's not so bad for us but the commercial users on that server (or the router servicing it) must be spitting chips..  
I know it wasn't just the forum that was down as the main WHM and Cpanel accesses didn't work either.

If the outages do continue then I will transfer the forum back to the local web server and re-point the DNS settings.

Doug
Admin
OK, if it shows as down again will remember to get the code.
The server hosting the forum has been down a large portion of today (Sunday 24Feb) and came back only a few minutes ago.

There seems to still be a SSL certificate issue at the moment (ie https://...) but hopefully this will get sorted tomorrow. 

At least it is (largely) back up and functioning.

Apologies for the outage but these things do happen.. even to machines in datacentres..

I will try to find out more as to the cause during the week.

Doug, admin

PS: HTTPS access now fixed.
There has been a major outage at the Sydney datacentre today (19 May 2019) taking out many Australian web services, this forum included.  I am not aware of the actual failure details only that it went out somewhere about 11-11.30AM and returned just after 5PM.  

Fortunately for our Forum users, such occurrences seldom occur and are almost always beyond our control. We just have to wait until the support personnel do their job for the services to return to normal.

Admin.
Outage this evening (28 Oct 19) has been traced to a locked-up router in the data centre...
Some posts and any attachments made in the last few days have been lost due to a HDD crash in the data centre server.
The most recent backup a few days old (30th Nov) had be reinstalled.

It will not be possible to retrieve newer data.  Apologies.

There are still some issues to be solved  - eg SSL certificate allowing https:// access etc - but hopefully these will be resolved in the next day or so.  : DONE

Doug VK4ADC