Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Moon Orbiter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

VK2FAK

Hi all,

Has anyone made an attempt to receive the images sent down by the Orbiter of the moon and earth in the same pic..

John
Hi John,
 is this the same one that has a beacon on it tranmitting JT65 on 70cm ??  I know a friend in VK6 has been decoding a beacon from a moon orbiter fairly regulary but its not very strong.

Regards,
Peter

VK2FAK

Hi Peter,

Probably the same sat. But is using JT4G and gmsk. And no its not strong at all, I have yet to see any trace. Using a 17el hor beam and pre-amp, but nothing seen so far.

Some of the setups that have had success, the early date ones were when the sat was much closer.
http://lilacsat.hit.edu.cn/wp/?page_id=844

Curious to what your friend is using .?

John

VK2FAK

Hi all,

Finally, I got a look at both the JT4G and GMSK signals last night, still no decode, but I see light at the end of the tunnel now.

You guys with the 70cm arrays would have been getting some good signals, and probably able to get the "Moon - Earth " photo that was sent during the later TX.

John

VK2FAK

Hi all,

Had some success last night, managed a few decodes of the JT4G  signal from the moon orbiting satellite DSLWP-B.

Next is to improve the  GMSK  signal.

The best SNR I got was -15, not to bad.

[attachment=214]
[attachment=215]

John
Well done John!

I keep meaning to have a look for it, but forget to check their twitter feed to see when they have it scheduled to transmit Sad

VK2FAK

Hi all,

Thank you, I was working with an Owl assist last night , that seemed to enjoy the top of the antenna, even when I was adjusting the antenna pointing...lol

For those interested, will try post the schedule here, not much luck for the next few days here though.

DSLWP-B UHF, UTC 15 Oct 08:50 to 10:50, 16 Oct 16:00 to 18:00, 17 Oct 16:00 to 18:00, 18 Oct 16:30 to 18:30, 19 Oct 16:50 to 18:50, 20 Oct 17:10 to 19:10, 21 Oct 13:30 to 15:30

436.400 JT4G and GMSK
435.400 JT4G only