Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) [EU}
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into play, requiring organisations around the world that hold data belonging to individuals from within the European Union (EU) to provide a high level of protection and explicitly know where every ounce of data is stored.

To ensure Forum compliance, the user information for all European users has been purged from the Forum database.

As far as I am concerned, that means that any 'new' EU users are considered to be giving explicit permission for the Forum to hold their email address and data if they choose to sign up again.

For background information, the Forum software and settings only require minimal login information to be retained : the email address, date/time and IP address at signup, the date/time and last IP address used to log in under a registered username (ie callsign), plus the number of times the user has logged in.  Names, addresses, birthdays or financial data is not required to have a user profile on the forum so is not collected.

Any posts made by users are considered in the public domain since the users are already aware that it is a public forum before they post.  Even PMs are accessible to administrators and moderators but not to the general users so must also be considered public domain.

If any of this retained information is considered by you to be excessive or unfair, email directly or PM me so that I can delete your entire profile, noting that your posts will be retained as they are already public.

Doug, Admin

VK2WP

SOTA followers have just lost the Radio Rucksack Tool which is an Android app for spotting by chasers and summit activators.

The creator of RRT is a ham radio enthusiast and he simply did not have the resources to comply with the GDPR requirements.

So he closed the website down so as to avoid heavy penalties and that was the end of a very useful spotting app used by many.