Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Anyone with a 2m Sat Beam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

VK2FAK

Hi all..

The South Koreans have asked for help with there Satellite,  KHUSAT-3   Sigma...

The issue is, that nobody has heard from it since launch and was thought to be dead, but in the last 2 weeks I have been the only lucky person to have heard the beacon. The team continue  listening for it, but with no luck.

They want to send a command signal to the Satellite, but as far as I know its uplink is 2m ( which I am not set up for), so anyone who would be interested in giving it a go, it may require sending the command on most passes, I get about 2 good passes a day, and we have no idea when this sat is going to operate, but I get the Beacon every 2 days or so.

I guess the East Coast would be best as that's where I am, no idea why I am the only one.... Satnogs has been listening with no luck either.

I assume they will provide audio to be TX to the sat, but those details to come.

They have asked me but not yet confirmed, so no details.....     any Takers  ?

John
What frequency is the beacon?
VK3CWF

VK2FAK

Hi ..

The Beacon is on 435.780 with Doppler.

You should get as good a look at it as I do ..

If you have tracking software its Object Z 43134

I have copied the Beacon the last 2 night, but there is suppose to be a data packet also, that I have not seen, not sure the Sat is even sending it...

John

Hi....

It will be making its morning pass around 8:30 local time. In recent days I have had not luck on this pass, just the evening..
But I will take a look anyway..

9k6 BPSK

John