Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Buy: 2SC1971 transistor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know eBay lists 2SC1971 transistors but most are probably fakes, and taking 3 weeks or so to discover whether it is a fake does not enthuse me.

What I am wanting to buy is a "real" new 2SC1971 device, a 175MHz TO220 device as used as a pre-driver in some Icom transceivers.

The direct equivalent is an NTE342 and that would suffice.

I am awaiting a reply from Icom re price and availability, but in the meantime, have any Forum members got one to spare (P&A please) ??

Doug VK4ADC

GOT ONE - THANKS FOR READING !!!

VK3YCQ

Hello Doug

Regarding 2SC1971 transistors: I believe an MRF237 is also equivalent, although not a TO220 package.

A 'real' 2SC1971 is a very rare commodity, apparently, because they haven't been made by the original manufacturer for decades.

I believe Eleflow is a reputable supplier if you want a suitable replacement. http://www.eleflow.com/

Ian
I found Eleflow during my web searches and had a look at their offering earlier. There is always a chance that someone in VK has one that they bought as a spare for a long-defunct radio. If I had to, I would accept a "pull" from a non-working Icom.

The device has to be a TO220 to be able to effect a repair in the Icom device and there isn't room to play with alternatives. I can't go too far off the characteristics of the original either as it is running in linear mode rather than Class C.

Anyone else got suggestions - or the device itself?
(07-02-2018, 05:36 PM)VK4ADC Wrote: [ -> ]I found Eleflow during my web searches and had a look at their offering earlier. There is always a chance that someone in VK has one that they bought as a spare for a long-defunct radio. If I had to, I would accept a "pull" from a non-working Icom.

The device has to be a TO220 to be able to effect a repair in the Icom device and there isn't room to play with alternatives. I can't go too far off the characteristics of the original either as it is running in linear mode rather than Class C.

Anyone else got suggestions - or the device itself?
Sorry old man not want you want....

But Interesting to look into my transistor collection [first time for many years]  and  found a MRF237  [TO5]  final for a kenwood TR2200 portable 2 metre rig, not what you want ...

Also found  2SC2290   and  MRF 422 matched pair  finals for HF rigs from way back.

MRF492 finals matched pair  [6 metre amp finals?]

MRF 455 finals

2N5245  RF jfet i think

and 3SK121  

Amazing what you find when prompted  hi

cheers and thank you for the forum

vk6ro

e&oe
"
Also found  2SC2290   and  MRF 422 matched pair  finals for HF rigs from way back.

MRF492 finals matched pair  [6 metre amp finals?]

MRF 455 finals
"
I think you need to work out what $$$ you want for those devices as you may get some enquiries from people chasing them - that is if you don't need to keep them as spares because the original radios have 'moved on'.

Doesn't help me but you have "advertised" them in the right place  Big Grin