Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: 110V power cords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know where I get get 110V power cords? Prefer molded type but plugs that I can wire would also be OK. Need to be heavy enough for 1950's valve receivers.

Wayne VK4WDM
I got some off Ebay quite a while ago. They had moulded plugs and other end ready to wire (active and neutral)
Sorry don't have the link.

Cheers,
Peter VK2EHQ
Hey Wayne,

IIRC you are involved with the Townsville Military Aviation Museum at RAAF Townsville.  If so, do you have any contacts within Defence ICT?  

Many PC's, Thin Terminals, Servers etc come with multiple power leads (US/UK/AU etc) the non-AU ones are generally disposed of.  Might be worth asking.  Worst they can do is say no...
(05-01-2018, 10:25 AM)VK2CSW Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Wayne,

IIRC you are involved with the Townsville Military Aviation Museum at RAAF Townsville.  If so, do you have any contacts within Defence ICT?  

Many PC's, Thin Terminals, Servers etc come with multiple power leads (US/UK/AU etc) the non-AU ones are generally disposed of.  Might be worth asking.  Worst they can do is say no...

Peter, I had a "mans look" on Ebay but only saw flimsy ones for laptops etc, but I will go back and have a "hams look."

Colin, the IT stuff on the RAAF base comes across from the warehouse on the "dark side" (army base) and my guess all the sorting out is done before it gets here, but it is a good suggestion and I will ask.

73, Happy New Year!

Wayne VK4WDM