Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: A good news story about a component supplier.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How hard can it be? You order a component and it appears in the post then you finish your project.

Some time ago I ordered a number of RS485 SOIC package chips from a supplier I had never used before. What arrived in the letterbox was DIP package chips which are totally unworkable for my application. After the initial frustration and shouting at the computer I contacted the supplier and explained the situation. No drama, they sourced a suitable replacement (now I know why I didn't get the original ones I ordered) and sent them to me. They didn't argue or want the DIP packages back.

Yes, they should have sent the right parts in the first place. Yes, they could have told me they were having trouble finding the part I wanted. Yes, they are obliged to send the correct parts or at least offer a refund if they can't supply. They could have ignored my complaint. They could have asked me to send back the other parts. They could have refused to sort out the problem.

In the end, it took 2 emails and a two week wait. Nice one Futurlec, I'm happy with the result.
That's a good end result.

I put an order in on the weekend (through a different supplier) for 30+ different items, making sure I selected the items that we marked as 'in stock' with stock levels in the thousands, some of the items had stock levels listed as 10's of thousands.

I get an email update on Monday saying that 15 items are on back order !!! What the??? How can their stock system be that wrong???

Anyway, I'll wait for the parts to come in and then check to see what they actually send me Sad