Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: AO-85
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone worked or heard AO-85 in the last couple of weeks?  I have listened on on several passes and have hot even heard the voice beacon. Getting a bit worried that my system has gone very deaf Sad 

Wayne VK4WDM
(28-07-2017, 09:31 AM)VK4WDM Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone worked or heard AO-85 in the last couple of weeks?  I have listened on on several passes and have hot even heard the voice beacon. Getting a bit worried that my system has gone very deaf Sad 

Wayne VK4WDM

Wayne,
I heard her this morning as she passed over the SW of WA, only got a vertical on the roof but the voice beacon was just noise free.

73 from Michael
VK6TU

02:39 UTC Heard Fox 1 again just readable.
Michael
(28-07-2017, 11:20 AM)vk6tu Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-07-2017, 09:31 AM)VK4WDM Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone worked or heard AO-85 in the last couple of weeks?  I have listened on on several passes and have hot even heard the voice beacon. Getting a bit worried that my system has gone very deaf Sad 

Wayne VK4WDM

Wayne,
I heard her this morning as she passed over the SW of WA, only got a vertical on the roof but the voice beacon was just noise free.

73 from Michael
VK6TU

Michael

(28-07-2017, 02:28 PM)VK4WDM Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-07-2017, 11:20 AM)vk6tu Wrote: [ -> ]

Wayne VK4WDM

Wayne,

73 from Michael
VK6TU

Michael
Problem solved. It was a dodgy coax switch the was not causing much of a problem for strong local signals but not good enough for the weaker stuff. I heard AO-85 from the WA/SA border to nth of PNG on the last pass with strong sigs when it was west of me. My antenna is a fixed horizontal LPY. No stations heard unfortunately and no response to my calls.

Wayne VK4WDM  (Townsville)
(29-07-2017, 09:57 AM)VK4WDM Wrote: [ -> ]Problem solved. It was a dodgy coax switch the was not causing much of a problem for strong local signals but not good enough for the weaker stuff. I heard AO-85 from the WA/SA border to nth of PNG on the last pass with strong sigs when it was west of me. My antenna is a fixed horizontal LPY. No stations heard unfortunately and no response to my calls.

Wayne VK4WDM  (Townsville)

Wayne,
Glad you found the problem, now I just have to get a more suitable antenna and work out how to work AO-85 using my IC 910H

Think I am to far away to be in the same footprint as you so do not think I would have heard you call.

73 fromMichael
VK6TU