Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: LOGGING IN !!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Statement: Many of the forum visitors are not logging in despite having registered for access.

Outcome: Some of you may find that your IP has been banned if it isn't evident that you are a registered user or from VK or ZL.

It is not that it will be intentional BUT there is a continuing mapping of IP addresses going on to reduce the possibilities of spam, hacking and unnecessary web traffic.  See the topic IP Address Bans for more info.

The problem is that your IP may be included in a group that I am trying to remove from accessing the forum. I am typically removing access to whole blocks of IP addresses (eg. 57.12.*.*) and sometimes those large blocks could include VK and ZL users.

The simple solution is to "log in" each time you access the Forum by marking the box 'Remember Me' at the login screen.

The more obvious your login is by virtue of your callsign appearing in the user list then the lower the likelihood that your access by IP will be removed.

Admin

VK3PR

Pleased to join but how do I complete/edit my identification? I left off my callsign VK3PR.
(04-06-2018, 03:47 PM)VK3PR Wrote: [ -> ]Pleased to join but how do I complete/edit my identification? I left off my callsign VK3PR.

All sorted Stewart !
Okay, the login process (from top of forum page) appears to be broken, a popup box opens but it is only the header saying "login" with a blue bar and the dreaded X at the end, tried 3 different browsers... had to trick the forum into an error to get a different login.

Peter
Peter

Intermediate solution - don't log out, just close the browser window.

I am away from home at the moment so have limited options as to finding and fixing the issue.

Doug
okay Doug,
no choice it was a fresh PC..

Peter
(15-08-2018, 10:17 PM)VK5PJ Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, the login process (from top of forum page) appears to be broken, a popup box opens but it is only the header saying "login" with a blue bar and the dreaded X at the end, tried 3 different browsers... had to trick the forum into an error to get a different login.

Peter

Found the same with the blue login bar.

Now I just login from the Portal screen.  You can still enter username and password there.
(23-08-2018, 10:00 AM)VK6RK Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2018, 10:17 PM)VK5PJ Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, the login process (from top of forum page) appears to be broken, a popup box opens but it is only the header saying "login" with a blue bar and the dreaded X at the end, tried 3 different browsers... had to trick the forum into an error to get a different login.

Peter

Found the same with the blue login bar.

Now I just login from the Portal screen.  You can still enter username and password there.

The login issue has now been resolved. 

I had to revert to an earlier version backup file due to a 'different / (admin-user-created)' file error while I was away travelling in western Qld. It turns out that the version I reverted to had a known login error that has been resolved with a maintenance release update - which has now been installed.

Still some fixing work to be done...

Doug, admin
You must have found the "comma-less" problem fast, as it is showing commas on my screen at the moment.