Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Forum: moving, moving, MOVED...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum: moving, moving, MOVED...

This forum has been moved...  The new domain name is AHRDF.NET to reflect the content: the Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum.

If your address bar still shows as ozlogger.net then move your mouse pointer to the graphic at the top of screen and click...

The same content is still available under AHRDF.NET, the current user details including logins have transferred, so in reality it will be very much the same as before.

You will need to update your bookmarks to this new domain name however the old domain name, Ozlogger.net, will automatically direct you to the new forum - at least for a while - to simplify access to the new site.

For those of you using Tapatalk access the Forum on your phone or tablet, you will need to find the new access link - the old one is no longer operational.

73 Admin
that was a smooth move ! Smile
I have submitted an item to WIA News about the new forum domain name & maybe it will be included in this weeks broadcast if they deem it suitable.
Hopefully we will see some new users posting more info and questions shortly  Rolleyes

Doug VK4ADC
From WIA News for 16 July 2017:

After the VKLogger forum group was disbanded, and who could blame them in  this age of litigation, a group called  OzLogger was started.

Now THAT has changed.

The new domain name is AHRDF.NET

Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum.

The previous content is still available under AHRDF.NET, the current user  details including logins have transferred, so in reality it will be very much  the same as before. You will need to update any bookmarks to this new domain name however the old domain name, Ozlogger.net, will automatically direct you  to the new forum - at least for a while - to simplify access to the new Forum  site.

Doug VK4ADC says for those wishing to use Tapatalk to access the Forum via  phone or tablet, you will need to find the AHRDF access link on Tapatalk as  the old Ozlogger one is no longer valid. 

Please note that you cannot register for the Forum via Tapatalk.

If you can’t remember the domain name, simply Google ‘Ozlogger’  or ‘Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum’

VK2AXL

I have been away from ham radio for a few years and just started taking an interest again.
I was surprised to see vklogger shut down. Litigation? What happened? Did someone get sued? Or was Adam finally overwhelmed by the number of people who had logged on but didn't post. So stopped everyone posting.
Shame cos at one time I was a regular contributor before I became one of the dreaded non-participating free loaders.
This seems a good forum. Good luck to you. I promise to post regularly, even if I have nothing to say. (that's what forums are for isn't it?)
I am unaware of any litigation but this page probably says enough.... and I haven't reconsidered my previous words.
(and it hasn't been refuted either).

Doug VK4ADC
I have been doing some housekeeping on the Forum today and something arose in my mind :  How long has AHRDF been around ? How useful is it ?

The AHRDF.NET domain name was registered on 8 July 2017 and activated within a matter of a day or so later.  It next has an expiry of 8 July 2022, and then is subject to continuing renewal.  Do the sums : we are now about 3 1/2 years into a 5 year name registration.

The basic use info as at today (1st Feb 2020) is :
Our members have made a total of 4,075 posts in 823 threads.
We currently have 543 members registered.

and
391 users since last 24 hours (19 members 0 of whom are invisible and 372 guests).

Its actual usefulness in view of the growing use of Facebook, and its ilk, is an unknown quantity.  Not that there are any plans to discontinue the Forum in the near future...
Not many people are actively posting so it becomes hard to gauge its usefulness. 
Actual Member visitor numbers are probably averaging about 20 per day, some days more and some less. 

It may be confusing what the "391 users since last 24 hours (19 members 0 of whom are invisible and 372 guests)."  really means :  the 372 visitors are the likes of search engines (/bots), casual (unregistered) visitors, and the continuing - and growing - list of would-be hackers.  Every day, there are a number of attempts to hack the Forum, and while it could be done by someone clever enough, the only some-what valuable details held are the users' callsigns, their email address and their last IP address. So probably nothing valuable enough to make it worth-while a significant effort. { I might add that not even administrators can read users' passwords. }  Any forum package security updates are applied immediately on their release thus minimising the risks - this is important to maintain a stable Forum.

Full daily backups are auto-downloaded from the datacentre-based web server, with an additional data backup made late in the day and downloaded automatically. All in the interests of maintaining a quality service to you - the Forum members/users.

Back to work now...

73 Doug, admin

Now a late PS : AHRDF.net was a follow-on from OzLogger.com started 5th September 2016 ! 
Appreciate this forum Doug and all your efforts to keep it operating.

For the record, I always post the 6m & 2m WSPR Leaderboard updates here first. I then copy from here and paste it to the appropriate WSPR group on facebook, and I always include a link to the post back onto the forum post that it came from.
Possibly you see some visitors who are guests from that link.
Leigh VK2KRR

I appreciate your support through your posts. I get to see everything that is posted as I check the Forum multiple times a day and read all posts, sometimes from a 'big brother' view but I do trust most regular posters to do the right thing and do so from an overall interest 'point of view'. Your WSPR posts reflect just a small part of AR activity, and it is a pity that others aren't sharing.

Sometimes it is hard to justify the time, energy and cost to run the Forum but as they say " it is what it is ".  I took it on and I suspect that it is a long way from being 'over'.

73 Doug, admin
You probably need to spend less time fussing daily and just let things run and look at it occasionally Smile

I find it very useful and very much appreciate your efforts.

I'm not on FB, (won't and can't be for unspecified reasons) so forums and groups are one of my main sources of information.
(02-02-2021, 09:04 AM)VK3RX Wrote: [ -> ]You probably need to spend less time fussing daily and just let things run and look at it occasionally Smile

I find it very useful and very much appreciate your efforts.

I'm not on FB, (won't and can't be for unspecified reasons) so forums and groups are one of my main sources of information.

X2