Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: New Aussie-made satellites launched
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It looks like Australia is back in the satellite game, once more:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-e...07fd09ace9

VK2FAK

Hi all...

Might have been a bit soon to say "back in space" . So, there have been no reports of the Aussie Sat's that were deployed...

Has anyone been looking and attempting to get a copy...?

John

Added in 21 minutes 28 seconds:
Hi all,

The Satellites have just gone over. and no sign. I am yet to try the 2m secondary frequency for
SUSat (AU01) from Adelaide

VK2FAK

Hi all...

Well so far nothing heard from SUSAT (Adelaide), UNSW-ECO (NSW), I-INSPIRE II (NSW)..

Really hope there is a reason, like they have yet to turn them on, but looking like 3 out of 3 failures from Australian Universities..

There is TLE data for all three which means they have all been deployed.

VK2FAK

Hi All,,,

It seems the teams believe the Satellites are working, but there may be an issue with the deployment of he antenna. They have tried resetting the software using 50w uplink power but nothing heard. I think the team would accept help from Hams that have high gain 70cm antenna , like a EME setup to try getting into the birds and then, just as important hearing the response ....

Any takers out there...?
I can give it a shot.......what do I have to do?

cheers

VK2FAK

Hi all....

Ok,,, this is part of the post from the team, to a blog.. with email to contact.

" We strongly believe the satellite is still alive but has an undeployed antenna. As such, we require sufficient transmit gain in both transmit power and antenna gain to achieve positive uplink margin. Our problem is that we do not have the equipment to achieve the required transmit power to overcome the losses due to an unstowed configuration.

We have a recorded *.wav file that you can play through radio in FM mode to perform the uplink.

– The sat uses Nanocom ANT430 antenna that is still stowed. The stowed antenna is exposed on the outside of the spacecraft.
– The sat uses Nanocom U482C transceiver.
– The OBC might be trickling between on and off states and hence a daytime or dusk zenith pass is optimal for the uplink.

Our ground station:

– 21 el H and 21el V yagi configured in RHCP
– Kenwood TS-2000 in FM mode with 50W transmit power.

Hope you have a good weekend, and do not hesitate to contact me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:cjwayn@unsw.edu.au">cjwayn@unsw.edu.au</a><!-- e --> if you would be willing to help. Your attention has been much appreciated..

Cheers,
Joon Wayn
"

They are using more antenna gain than I have available also.

VK2FAK

Hi all..

It seems they managed to get the I-INSPIRE satellite operational using a 25m dish, still trying to find more details about this.. like which dish... ?

John

These are the guys that did the job.. https://twitter.com/radiotelescoop
When your Cubesat acts up ornery - Holler for a Ham !  Big Grin

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-26/au...lp/8651514