Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: CW on 6M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, not that there has been much propagation in VK1, but is there an agreed calling freq for CW on 6M within VK and/or international? I've looked, but I can't find one definitive freq for this purpose.

My preference is not to use .110, but happy for advice.

Tks,
Scott
(08-01-2024, 05:24 PM)VK1PWE Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, not that there has been much propagation in VK1, but is there an agreed calling freq for CW on 6M within VK and/or international? I've looked, but I can't find one definitive freq for this purpose.

Tks,
Scott

gday Scott

If i call on CW it will be on 110.7 so stations listening on SSB will hear my 700hz offset.

If you call on 110 straight i will not hear you on my rig that scans many beacons etc on SSB

So maybe try 110.7 ? then i can easily change to CW

I also scan .105 straight CW so that is an option

cheers

graham vk6ro
Thanks, Graham.

Yes, .105 was a freq I had seen thrown about, but not with any certainty.

I'll use .110.7 and apologies in advance to any SSB ops who get annoyed with CW...I'll QSY down!

I'm sure CW will make a strong comeback anytime now Sad and no doubt there will be a dedicated CW calling freq then...

73s all,
Scott.
Many years ago ARRL told me that    ""previously unknown information must be exchanged""  for a contact to be valid.

Grid looks good as previously unknown info for valid qso on all modes??

Or what you had for breakfast is legit also.

VK1PWE, my FT450, if i am listening on .110 and hear cw on .110.7 will inject tone at 700hz while in sideband... very convenient.

So i can listen in ssb hit the paddle and work cw very easily.

I still use my 1981 Galbraith paddle made in new zealand and it still works perfectly. it cost me $20 aussie dollars direct from ZL

cu on cw

cheers from perth

graham vk6ro

(08-01-2024, 05:24 PM)VK1PWE Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, not that there has been much propagation in VK1, but is there an agreed calling freq for CW on 6M within VK and/or international? I've looked, but I can't find one definitive freq for this purpose.

Tks,

Hi Scott,

50.110.7 is ok to call CQ CW but remember if you wish to QSO move frequency down the band if its short and sweet fine to do it there. Don't let anyone tell you it's not a CW calling frequency, you an look up the latest band plan on the net or the WIA site 73