Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: How to extract date range from wsjt adi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question

How do i extract a certain date range from a ft8 adif file.

Is there a real easy way to extract say 30 contacts from the date range in sequential order E.G  november 7 to nov 11

I have no idea about this stuff really

I use  paper logbooks for all except ft8 etc with JTDX which used to upload automatically to EQSL

JTDX does not seen to be uploading  to EQSL very day? even though the box is ticked in the reporting tab.

I am an expert on some things but not this sort of stuff.

tnx

graham vk6ro

e&oe
Graham

The ADI file is simply a text file so a text editor - not a Word-like package - will suffice.  
I use Notepad++ (free download/use) for this sort of thing as it is far better than the standard Windows Notepad.

The normal Notepad commands (plus enhanced ones) are available to cut / copy / paste using the Clipboard into either a new file ( but saved with a .ADI extension), another application etc..

The data lines in the .ADI file are in date order so the selection of from-date and to-date is simple.

Hope that helps

73 Doug
Many thanks Doug

That was real easy, i did what you said and uploaded to EQSL and it was accepted no problem

Learn something ever day HI.

Now i will have to try to find out why JTDX does not upload automatically like it has done in the past.

Tnx again
graham vk6ro