Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: VK3 MAD 3rd Sep 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An impromptu VK3 Microwave Activity Day was announced yesterday for 3pm today. I hastily packed everything up (or so I thought) and took off to Mt Buninyong (Grid: QF12XI) with all bands from 2m to 5.7G. My new system consists of a dual band 2/70 yagi on a three section lighting stand, with the uWave bands on a common mounting system that sits on a laser tripod.

On the way up the road (it's about a 45min drive from home to Mt Buninyong), I kept thinking I've left something at home like a compass or a power lead. Upon arrival, it was immediately obvious that the laser tripod was still at home. Anyway, after a total re-build and some customisation, I utilized the lighting tripod for uWave purposes. I worked a number of stations and could hear a few more in the background. But the main purpose of my trip was a shakedown test - which proved all bands except 3.4G were working ok. I'll have to assess what the issue is with the 3.4G system.

I had a good LOS into Melb, but was punching through a couple of large trees in the Mornington Peninsula direction.

Thanks to those came up on the uWave bands today.

Cheers,