Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: ICOM 24GHz transverter for the IC-905 ... maybe...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

From the IC-905 facebook page a JA has said that Icom will possibly show a 24GHz transverter for the new IC-905 to be shown at the Tokyo Ham Fair on August 19-20th

Info from Icom's Japanese website here...

https://www.icom.co.jp/news/7413/?fbclid...PEBhRy18QU

Google translate is your friend.

regards

Tim
G'day Tim, I've gone on a fishing expedition about the Icom 24GHz news... I haven't had a lot of bites yet... but we'll see what happens after the weekend... :-)

Cheers,
[attachment=706]
It looks like 24GHz for the IC-905 might be a goer... Smile 

[attachment=705]
G'day Roger, I'm not sure where you're getting your prices from for the IC-905 and options, but your figures are way off the mark. You may have been referring to the earlier predicted pricing back some months ago.

Here's what we're roughly paying... Strictly Ham IC-905   cheaper than the very popular IC-7610

There's a number of them already in circulation around the VK3/VK2/VK4 areas that I'm aware of - there could be more. Any there are many others watching & waiting. Demand is still exceeding supply.

See the other topic about the IC-905. As has been mentioned previously, the IC-905 isn't for everyone. But it's ideal for those starting out from scratch.

For those already have an IF rig and a couple of transverters, well maybe the IC-905 isn't for them.

The uWave antenna options from Icom I suspect are mainly aimed at those living in high density populations like in Europe, Japan, etc and are unlikely to be taken up by many folks here due to most people here using parabolic antennas, of which there are plenty surplus (esp for 10GHz), often at nil cost except for freight.

As for the possibly 24GHz optional module, surplus antennas can be found locally for this band. It appears at this stage that the Icom 24GHz module is just a prototype for now which I suspect they're testing the water with.

Icom is helping out with "use it or lose it". Each to their own.

Cheers,