Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Is there any interest in working upper bands during the ILLW 2023?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 2023 ILLW is on the 19th & 20th of August.

Whilst this is traditionally a HF based contest, is there any interest in working 144 and beyond and possibly up to 10GHz?? I haven't checked the rules yet, but I'm sure contacts in the upper bands would be ok. I'm open to interpretation. Flame suit on.

Our crew will be based at the Portland Lighthouse. Without doing any rayline predictions just yet, we're a good chance into Port Lincoln and northern VK7, a scratch into Adelaide and lower likelyhood into Melb and the Bellarine Peninsula.

I'll do some rayline tests, have a look at the Hepburn charts and post them here if anyone is interested in carting some extra gear out. The possibilities are limited, but you never know.

Cheers,
G'day Steve, yep, not too many bites on this one. I'm taking the 905 to Portland for 2/70/23 but will leave the uWave antennas at home at this stage. Plus we've got a suite of other Icom stuff planned for down there and a few other tricks along for the ride. Not sure which callsign we're using yet, but we'll be in amongst it.

Cheers,