Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Digital Transmission Audio Library?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

With all the digital transmissions we are hearing on the bands these days, it's getting difficult to identify
one Mode from the next.

Has anyone or does there exist a library of audio files we can listen to, which will aid the 
identification and help us select what modes to use if we want to respond to a possible CQ call?

Pete DU7/VK4CCV
Peter

I have some typical digital mode audio files available in the 'digital mp3.zip' ZIP attachment, MP3 files within, mono only on the left channel, based on my callsign. Not all modes are there but maybe some of the more common ones.  These were created by WSJT-X 2.6.1 and the audio output recorded on a second PC using Audacity software. Any missing ones could be added to expand the library.  I have the same files in WAV format but that ZIP is 10 times the size of the MP3 version.

The filenames follow this format : ft8 1800 #14 mono 14june23.mp3
FT8 mode, 1800 Hz, about 14 seconds long, mono (Left), creation date.

If you are trying to decode these via software, remember that you will probably need to sync the start to the 00 secs mark on the PC clock - typical accuracy required is within 2 seconds. Random play times will NOT work.  You may need to convert to another audio format (eg WAV) depending on the software package's needs - Audacity is good for this task.

Doug
Thanks Doug for the file, much appreciated and thanks for the link Damien.
Let's hope I start to recognize the digital modes. :-)

Pete DU7/VK4CCV
Camotes Islands, Philippines.