Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Australian Wind and Solar - Issues/caution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering has anyone here had dealings with a Melbourne based company called Australian Wind and Solar? https://www.australianwindandsolar.com/

I have, and it has not been a good experience at all.

As its often very windy here I had contacted this business last year and ordered a wind turbine system, in October 2022. Of which to confirm my intention they wanted a 50% deposit, which I thought was a bit much for a deposit, but paid anyway.

They told me there would be an 8 week lead time and this has long gone and currently close to 40 weeks probably.

Earlier in February the system was still not ready and I requested to cancel the order and get my deposit refunded. They basically told me that of the money I had paid, they would refund me 10% of the amount I had paid due to restocking etc. So I was basically forced to keep waiting for the order.

Then they came up with a story that they were waiting for a specific part to come in so they could finish my order, in the mean time could I pay the full amount? I declined and said I would wait for the system to be ready and then would pay the full amount. In the following days I then got a call from one of their managers saying that unless I paid the full amount, they would not order the part they previously told me they were waiting on?! So I had one person telling me the part was ordered and they were waiting for it to arrive, then I was told they would not order it unless I paid the full amount.

Already having waited a long time, I reluctantly paid the remaining 50%. This was mid February. After this, I did not hear from them. I waited till the end of March and rang them and they told me the part would be 2 weeks away. After 2 weeks, I called them and they said they would call me with info, which they never did. I made this request 3 times with no resulting call back.

After this I emailed them and threatened to go to ACCC, and they finally responded, strangely claiming they did call me back with the information I requested in the 3 times when no one called me back Huh  weird. They also claimed they are waiting on a part out of their control.

After reading this crazy stuff claiming they called me back each time, and the length of time I have been waiting, in early May I have told them on email I wish to cancel the order and have my money returned, of which I got no response what soever and still havent.

I have now made a report to the ACCC and also NSW Fair Trading and received a good response from both. The issue is still on going but hopefully will be resolved soon.

I would not recommend anyone go anywhere near this business, we have had nothing but nightmares, especially knowing they have taken our money and they way we have been treated.
WOW.... was only talking to a work mate about wind power today, seems there are still dodgy players in the market and feel for you.  I cannot understand how they would ask for the total payment before delivery considering that are already very late on any promises.  I fear there is some thing nasty going on with this company any your money might have paid the wages for that week.

Did you plan to feed the generated power into a home batter system?

hope you get a positive result Leigh.