Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Simple ADIF file manager needed vk6ro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gday all

I use 100% paper logs except in JTDX and will continue to do so.

I want to apply for WIA 50 on 50 award and i only have paper QSL cards except for 1 in LOTW

I only have LOTW for getting cards or confirmation from hams that only use LOTW.

I need a really simple ADIF maker program thing  so i can enter 61 paper card info manually.

I do not want a fancy log program.

I do have ADIF master but need to know if anything better but simple is available.

I looked at log4om and logger32  but i have no idea how to use them so they have gone... far to complex with tiny pop up screens etc.

tnx for any advice on 50 on 50 award application also

cheers graham vk6ro

e&oe
Hello Graeme,
  given what your trying to do, a small log program like DXKEEPER might be the answer, simple to set up and is not at all complicated to use, one of its main options tabs on the GUI is to export to ADIF file.  I think it comes as part of the DXLABS suite like DXcommander and the like.

I have tried to simulate ADIF files at times and seem to come unstuck on the little nuances of ADIF, this is why I have suggested DXKEEPER as it may save you untold headaches.

Once you have the contacts in ADIF format for the award you can remove DXKEEPER if it serves no other purpose as all log programs seem to have the ability to import an ADIF file.

LOG4OM is a bit of a beast but I have settled on it here, mainly as I was sick of trying log programs and not liking them, LOG4OM has some very hand features I use a lot so those have out weighed the negatives,

good luck RO, be nice to see a vk6 with the 50 on 50 award.
Graham
You can also use QRZ logbook.
Manually enter a QSO and then export as anADIF.
That is quite an easy and straightforward method.
If you need help, I can talk you thru it.
I use Excel custom spreadsheet for Satellite logging. Then convert .xls to .adif via adif2xls2adif.
Works great.

Main logger is Log4OM. Easy to use too, and can import the above .adif.