Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: NBS Tiltmast cost ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has bought an NBS tilt mast lately and what sort of $ should I be looking at ?

thanks

Tim
The website is showing a cost of $5270 (GST inc) plus freight - the bad news - it's not currently available.
Hi Terry,
Yeah I've been watching Youtube videos on installation etc and they gave me the impression that the cost was about $1800 - back in 2020 anyway.

I've just had a quote for the basic base unit plus bits and that has come in just north of $10k !! - hence my question.

I think there's a bit of "profiteering" going on since they quote $633 for the big winch but a quick search for the exact part number of it shows numerous outlets selling it for about $108. Likewise they want $427 for the bottle jack when it can be bought for $120 locally and they also want just over $1000 for the top pulley !!!!!!

And that quote doesn't include the 8m SHS I'd have to add, nor the foundation section.

Maybe this is their way of saying we don't want to make those anymore.

I can buy a lot of "tower" elsewhere for $10k+!

I was looking at it to replace my old Deko Tower section tower so I could work on antennas closer to the ground. I think I'll just go buy my own scissor lift to work on the Deko.

cheers
Tim

cheers
Tim
Last price I got before changing my mind (just before NBS was sold out) was close to $2200, so yeah, somebody is making much extra moola at the new price.

I know steel has gone up, but not enough to more than double the price of the finished unit.

Haven't been able to climb for some time now, so like you need to be able to work near ground level.