Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Unknown Werner Wolf Yagi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently aquired an old beam that I believe is a Werner Wolf yagi but don't know the Band it was designed for, the only thing telling me it's one of Werner Wolfs is the Balun.
Now given the dimensions I should be able to work out it's frequency but the elements telscope and are stuck in place so with the following info can anyone help me with a manufacture or band/s?
I'm concerned some pieces might be missing though.

The boom length adds up to 6810mm Long in 5 sections.
The boom has large holes for element placing that go right through and are diagonally opposed to each other as well, I thought it a quad set up to start with but elements are all alloy.
Each element is in 2 pieces Left side & Right side but no mounting blocks/plates through boom but in 2 pieces?
Each element has a small insulated insert at the very end with a small grub screw & washer (end of taper).
There is a reflector, driven element with a very long Gamma match with 70mm gap and 3 maybe 4 directors.
I was able to measure the first director @ 7180mm in 2 pieces if correct but no way of mounting except through the holes, for me a director would normally be a full length not split in 2.
If I can't work out the band then it's just Parts.
I will add photos when and if I can.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

VK4KX, Bernie