Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Honda EU22i - high EMI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
G'day All,
I recall years ago on the VK-Logger Forums a discussion around the Honda EU20i vs other generators and how quiet the Honda EU20i was in regards to EMI. Every man and his dog running a portable field day effort most likely has a Honda EU20i along for the ride to run the show.

A mate of mine has recently purchased a Honda EU22i for his HF portable effort, as I said the EU20i was quiet, so should be the EU22i... well, what a shock it's been... it's terrible... what I forgot was that the EU20i runs a carburetor and I think the EU22i runs fuel injection. So we think the noise isn't coming from the inverter but perhaps the ECU fuel injection. We're going to do further measurements in coming days, but I wonder has anyone else had similar issues with the Honda EU22i, especially running a linear power supply into a HF rig???

The Honda EU20i were well known for their low or nil EMI emissions... but the Honda EU22i has become such a terrible surprise...

Cheers,
I was about to buy one, I think I'll hang off now until I see how you go eliminating the QRM.

Cheers
Tony
VK2TS

Correction it was actually a EU30is. My brain fart
The VKLogger Forum is archived here if that's any help https://vk4ghz.com/forum/

Cheers

Roger
ZL3RC