Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: VKSpotter slow response ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else noted that VKSpotter.com response has been intermittently slow ? I tried accessing it (again) tonight and it initially timed out.  Eventually it did come up but page changes were slow even then..  I noted the same effect a few times over the weekend.

Even a "TRACERT vkspotter.com" command timed out.

Anybody else noticed this effect - or is it just me ??
It looks like it's hanging waiting for unpkg.com to respond and yes it is slow.
not wanting to pile on but noticed it most at login time for me anyway...  was never sure if it was my connection or the spotter...  the wonders of hosted services but hey Doug you know about that more than we do :-)
(26-07-2022, 08:35 PM)VK5PJ Wrote: [ -> ]not wanting to pile on but noticed it most at login time for me anyway...  was never sure if it was my connection or the spotter...  the wonders of hosted services but hey Doug you know about that more than we do :-)

Pete

Yes, I know it well !!   If the tracert hadn't actually timed out then I would have said "it was me" with DNS timeout or similar.  At that same time, I tried tracert on my own hosting (with a similar host IP and maybe even in the same datacentre) and also via browser and it was quick so that mostly isolated it to VKSpotter (web server, main or sub router, code, .... ) Hence the question was asked - and it seems I was not alone.  I wasn't going to ask Hilary if it was my end !!

Doug
(back in VK4-land, at least for now)
..and it seems like I have missed out on the mid-year EU and USA 6M DX through my absence.
Yes, Terry is correct.
unpkg.com, which supplies one our third party scripts, has had a few issues over the past week.

My intension is to move that code to our server.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Hilary
VK2AZ

--