Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: WSJT-X and JTDX 'improved'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those who would like to sniff out a different flavor of WSJT-X and JTDX that have a slightly different screen layout, try these two links

JTDX Improved

WSJT-X improved

These are both project by one of the current WSJT-X development team: Uwe, DG2YCB  who has taken on the project of tweaking the interfaces of the standard releases to better suite his own liking.

I have started to use JTDX Improved already and plan to give the WSJT-X improved a trial as he has a few different screen layouts you can select when downloading the package, to some this may seem like fluff and mirrors but the ergonomics of software goes a long way to making it a pleasure or a chore.

He responds to bug reports and feature requests should you have any (contact details on his QRZ.com site)
If you haven't heard of MSHV it is another alternative: http://lz2hv.org/mshv

Bo
www.rudius.net/oz2m :: www.rfzero.net
Looks very messy for JTDX, from the examples shown.
Hi Ski,
yes some button placements seem to be a bit adhoc like the selector for odd/even, which I thought should have been in the empty spot by the clock BUT the nice thing is the author is easy to talk to and does respond to good ideas.

I must say the layout in WSJT-Z is the best I have found so far for my operating habits but it just lacks the TX power display which I find is a must for a lot of my remote operation. Of course WSJT-Z comes with the stigma that it can operate as a robot but if you ignore all of that it is quite cool with its QRZ lookups on the fly and really good colour highlighting scheme.