Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Frequency Programing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own a Icom 2730 A and was wandering how-to use it on both Frequencies UHF and VHF. on Uhf when i push PTT button the unit reads OFF on the screen ?.
I can receive On UHF and VHF but cant Transmit on UHF. Is this My settings are Wrong or is it the Radio
Your suggestions would help
Cheers Glenn VK5GRR
Hi Glenn,
I don't have this radio but I would suspect that you have a repeater offset switched on (DUP) which is out of band when you click the PTT.
I don't have the radio either but have seen similar with other Icom radios i.e. it could be the issue i.e. the TX frequency is outside the radio's band limits.

Page 51 of the user manual:

IC-2730A_InstructionManual.pdf
(09-06-2022, 06:18 PM)VK2AZ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Glenn,
I don't have this radio but I would suspect that you have a repeater offset switched on (DUP) which is out of band when you click the PTT.

Thanks for that  Seems Strange i Can receive but cant trans  on 477.400
Cheers Glenn

(09-06-2022, 07:28 PM)VK3RX Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have the radio either but have seen similar with other Icom radios i.e. it could be the issue i.e. the TX frequency is outside the radio's band limits.

Page 51 of the user manual:

IC-2730A_InstructionManual.pdf

Thanks for that  Seems Strange i Can receive but cant trans  on 477.400

Cheers Glenn
Wide band receive, transmit inhibited outside of 430-450MHz.  Pretty normal for many manufacturers' equipment when used out of the designed band.

Then again, this Icom radio does not meet the ACMA's UHF CB spec so using it to transmit (using it) on CB is illegal.

Suggestion : Buy a proper UHF CB if that is where you want to transmit.
(10-06-2022, 07:34 AM)VK4ADC Wrote: [ -> ]Wide band receive, transmit inhibited outside of 430-450MHz.  Pretty normal for many manufacturers' equipment when used out of the designed band.

Then again, this Icom radio does not meet the ACMA's UHF CB spec so using it to transmit (using it) on CB is illegal.

Suggestion : Buy a proper UHF CB if that is where you want to transmit.

I do Have a Uniden 80 CHANNEL  but was hopping to use the One Unit to do Both , so oh well just have to use both 
 Cheers Glenn