Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: AHRDF outage 6 June 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Apologies for the outage but it was beyond my immediate control.  It was first noticed about 8AM and a support ticket raised with the hosting company, and I'm not totally sure about its return but somewhere around 4PM..  Basically about 8+ hours outage.

It seems that the shared web server in the datacentre in Sydney ended up with a full hard disk where the SQL database activities occur - so while static HTML pages were served, any dynamically generated pages were not !  Obviously their network server status monitoring did not pick up the issue  .... Grrrr.

It had nothing to do with any non-renewal of AHRDF.NET !!

Doug, admin

Addendum : The web server was fixed about 4PM but email support finally returned about 9PM after multiple exchanges with support staff. Not happy Jan !
Cheers Doug.

Thanks for your efforts.
31st Oct / 1st Nov 2022  : 
Well it happened again, same issue - not enough disk space for the SQL server to operate.  The resulting message was along the lines of...

SQL Error:
2002 - Connection refused
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

-then-

SQL Error:
1203 - User ahrdf already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

This server is not within my immediate control so while I raised a support ticket about 10PM Monday night, it was not actually resolved until 10AM Tuesday.  The server is in Sydney but the management is done from the USA, something I was not aware of when I first started using this company. 

It is what it is.. and since it is not a critical facility then some outages can occur without inflicting any real damage.
Just somewhat annoying, that is all.

73 Doug