Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Old user purge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1-2 June 2022 maintenance purge : 

Several hundred users / 'members' who have not logged into the forum since before 1st January 2020 have been purged, taking the nominal user count down to 264 from 629.

Any posts made by any of them should have been retained.

Previous users who wish to re-access the forum to post will need to register again.

User ID is always the user's callsign in UPPERCASE.
The password can be any arrangement of letters/numbers/punctuation accepted during the registration process. If what you enter isn't accepted, try a different combination.

Non-amateurs - and therefore users without an allocated callsign - should enter another combination as a starting point  (eg initials+surname), but should be aware that an acceptable subsitute ID will be utilised during the manual user approval process, so should expect an incoming email with the revised ID info in due course.

Doug, admin
Your purge may not have gone as expected. I got purged and had to re-register. Prior to this, my last login would have been earlier this week.
My last post was December last year: https://www.ahrdf.net/forum/thread-1121-...ml#pid4877
Apologies for the drama. 

I worked through several hundred users and selected those with last login dates showing pre-2020 but must have inadvertently got yours also. 

Hopefully I didn't get any other active users too.

Those removed commonly registered between 2016 and 2020 and had never posted on the forum, and had not logged back in after initial registration.  

It was undertaken given the numbers of recent(-ish) changes in callsign holders, and re-allocation of callsigns in previous F-call circumstances and due to persons leaving the hobby, SKs etc...

There are still a significant number of 'members' who joined since 1 Jan 2020 who have never posted but have semi-recent logins.

Doug, admin
I rarely log in, but usually check the "Latest Posts" column daily.

I only log in if something there is worth replying to, or I want to post something myself.

If the purge was purely based on logins, you may have deleted people who if they check the site often like me, could be considered active members.

Another site I'm with, you have to log in to see if there are new posts and threads.

Now, if there is a way to only see the titles of latest posts and not their content, the titles might entice people to log in and you'd get the stats.