Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: 60 Minutes: Finding MH370: New breakthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FINDING MH370: New breakthrough

What it doesn't say is how he analyzed the signals after the event.
As in a comment on another forum - How would you know what plane a signal is reflected from in particular, considering there would normally be many of them in the near vicinity - along with unidentified military aircraft.

Sounds more like a fairy tale to me.
He did say that at the time (middle of the night?) there was only one other aircraft over the Indian Ocean and it was quite some distance away.

However it doesn't explain how the northern end of the track and holding pattern were determined, given they were in a region that would have had much more traffic.
Hello Terry,
I am with you as far as a fairy tale goes, this person has twisted the data to suite his own outcome. There is no way to know if the doppler on a signal is from mid path, end path or from local contributions. Considering the RCS (Radio Cross Section) of an aircraft at HF it takes quite a bit of transmitted RF to get a result (experience from my Jindalee employment). Then to factor out the background sea state doppler, well that takes quite a bit to do. Plus by what propagation mode was this measurement made, if this was F layer then the plane was well below any ionospheric layer and would not be involved in the signal path at all.... seems the basic mechanics of the signal path are being misrepresented.

Yes a fairy tale where the truth is being played with for bad reasons.
Hi Peter

Interested your mention of Jindalee.

I happened to be the one who organised and supervised the evaluation of the testing for the SKA site to show there was a low RF presence at the location. Something new as it had not been done before with the other sites that were competing for the SKA location (there was even talk of locating it in the Netherlands!).

Tests covered the frequency range of 70MHz to 2 GHz. Harmonics from the Jindalee system were detected so it must be running a bit of power!

Its a small world.

73s
Igor

BTW all involved just happened to be Hams (CSIRO scientist, WA Govt (me) and the contractor carrying out the measurements) though ham radio never came up during the weeks we were on site.
This dude was comprehensively debunked the first time the drugs wore off and he was able to articulate his hallucination. Will see if I can find it.
(27-02-2022, 10:44 PM)VK3DXE Wrote: [ -> ]This dude was comprehensively debunked the first time the drugs wore off and he was able to articulate his hallucination. Will see if I can find it.

Maybe here?
I thought the WSPR thing had been put to bed years ago...its rubbish.

But this is interesting. Its long but worth watching and was originally posted on the WSJT.io group so some may have already seen it.
Royal Aeronautical Society Video https://youtu.be/Qk1CxO9XGyQ

Roger ZL3RC
Interesting.

I'd not heard that theory before - ignoring the Inmarsat pings into the Southern Ocean and instead an impact site east of Christmas Island based on the debris float path.