Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Pacemakers & Ham Radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following is general comment/for interest only and DOES NOT constitute medical advice of any sort.

ThereĀ  are very often questions about ham radio and pacemakers from those that have them fitted, on many forums, worrying about whether they can still practice their hobby.

One such topic on another forum brought forth a document from Boston Scientific with recommendations of safe distances from a multitude of appliances/equipment/situations.

While I haven't been actively looking for such data, I do have a friend with a device fitted, so I have to be aware of any precautions needed during his visits and this document is the first comprehensive one I have seen https://www.bostonscientific.com/content..._Guide.pdf

Below is the page directly relating to Ham Radio.

[attachment=556]
Thanks for this. I've always wondered myself about safe distances to such devices.

I've passed the document link onto my local club secretary as it might be of interest to members.