Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Mike VK3AVV - VKCL developer - SK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mike VK3AVV, developer of the popular VKCL contest logging program, passed away on 5 January 2022 after a long battle with cancer.

[attachment=527]

Undoubtedly, the wider amateur fraternity will miss Mike’s particular skills, especially those contesters who have benefitted from his logging programs  over the past 20 years and log-checking software in more recent years.

Mike was an enthusiastic supporter of the VHF-UHF Field Days, especially joining the multi-operator team of VK3ER from the Eastern and Mountain District Amateur Radio Club in Melbourne, where he was a member.

Personally, I worked with Mike when he stepped-up to the plate to support the WIA VHF-UHF Field Days in 2014 after I was 'awarded' the task of managing them. I met him at one of the GippsTech Conferences (now in suspension due to the Covid pandemic situation). 

Valé Mike VK3AVV.
How very sad,
I worked Mike many times during contests, and of course have been using his fantastic logging software for many years.

A big loss to our Hobby.
Thanks Hilary.

It was a pleasure to work with Mike and it was a pleasure to use VKCL. I can appreciate VKCL's popularity from both a contestant's and a contest manager's point of view.