Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Applied for new callsign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We finally moved to our new place in Greenock SA (in the Barossa Valley area).

And tonight I finally found and unpacked the box with my AOCP(A) certificate - which means I could then finally apply for a VK5 callsign.

I had to find the AOCP cert because the ACMA form requires the certificate number.

Anyways, I have paid UTAS the fee and emailed the forms.

Now I wait, I suppose  Smile
Well done Smile 

You prompted me to go looking for my certificate also, not that I need it right now.

Found it where I thought it was.
I got the callsign recommendation from AMC this afternoon. I applied on Friday and it's now Wednesday.  Not too bad really.

Now I need to wait for the invoice from ACMA.
Seems odd that they need your AOCP cert, this must be a new thing with AMC in the path, I have had vk6zsp, vk8zlx, vk9zlx, vk6zlx, vk5zlx and now vk5pj and never been asked to produce my AOCP to make a change. My AOLCP only surfaced again a few months ago when looking through old paper work, now come to think about that, where was that exactly ...
A few years ago it wasn't. Just being able to quote your old Customer reference number from an old licence or invoice was enough. As they were all linked and they could retrieve the ref number of the AOCP through that path way.
I have received notification from ACMA that they have received the recommendation from AMC.

So now they need to process whatever it is they process and send me the bill...
Received and paid the invoice for the new callsign today.

Now just waiting on the register to be updated to "granted".

As I pressed send on the above message an email arrived from the ACMA saying the licence is now granted Smile

So the newly minted VK5CSW is ready to go.

I will keep my VK2 call as well for the foreseeable future.