Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: USA 8M stations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As of today there are 7 US 8M experimental license holders. The band has been mostly dead in North America but if anyone is interested in setting up a monitor for your Summer season, and/or possibly a cross band contact to 10 or 6 let me know.

The frequencies granted are the 40 Mhz ISM band, 40.66 - 40.7 Mhz. Modes, that I'm allowed are, SSB, CW, FT8 and WSPR

The US operators are using a dial of 40.662 and transmit WSPR ready to switch to FT8 once the band opens.

I'm located in southern California, grid DM13. 10 meters to VK is pretty common and I have made 6M contacts to VK most Winter solstices, (your Summer solstice) over the last several years.

Any questions just ask, here or email direct, I'm good in QRZ.

Thanks
Chris
N3IZN
WM2XCC
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the info.
I have been following the conversations on https://groups.io/g/8m/topics

I have a 40MHz horizontal dipole connected to my IC-7100 which seems to work ok.
I am listening on 40.662 (I think you typed the frequency incorrectly above) and also on 40.687 for a signal on our ISM band from ZL.

I also have the ability to TX 1w EIRP which is the power allowed under our ISM rules on these frequencies.

Hope to hear you soon :-)

Regards

Hilary
VK2AZ
Thanks, I corrected my typo.

I self report using a SDR so you filter by the call N3IZN/SDR or WM2XCC and see when I'm TXing. In case you see that fuzzy trace and wondering if it was me or not.

Chris
N3IZN
WM2XCC