Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: AHRDF Forum server change - 13 Jan 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This Forum has been moved from one server in a Sydney datacentre to a new Sydney datacentre, and seems to be providing faster access.

Initial problems with the web security certificate (ie  https: ) have now been solved, so operation should be as previously.

All posts and attachments were moved so (hopefully) everything should still be available.

The Latest Posts has been moved to the LHS - just to be different !

No obvious issues for users have been seen so far but it is early days..... Please advise if you encounter an issue.

There are some 'admin' things yet to be solved so please be patient.  There may be some Forum outages as these are fixed, but these should only be relatively brief.

Doug, admin
14 Jan 2021 : Most admin-side functionality is now back in place and appears to be working normally.

At some stage, I will attempt to re-activate the TapaTalk function to enhance mobile device support - but not yet as I don't need to complicate things if all is not 'normal'.  A few days - or weeks - is the likely timeline.

If you encounter issues :
(1) Post details in the forum; or
(2) Send a PM to me at the VK4ADC profile; or
(3) Email to the webmaster at ahrdf dot net. (you'll work out the actual email address..)

So far all seems good.

Doug, admin
Latest posts are on the left now rather than the right, think it was better on the right side in my opinion.
When you click on new posts on from the latest post link box on the side, your not taken to the current post only the start of the tread.
Leigh

The Latest Posts is back on the RHS as of a few minutes ago after a plugin re-install.  It seems to now take you straight to the latest post in the selected thread but I will take a further look at it over the next few days as new posts appear.

The Unread Posts plugin has also been re-installed but appears to still have issues. To be investigated, but requires the appearance of new posts for me to try it.

Doug, admin